Mine Waste Management Services
On a daily basis, Golder's environmental and engineering professionals work with mines around the world to design, build, operate, and close mine waste management facilities. Long-established technical teams of civil and geotechnical engineers, and environmental and water specialists collaborate to create sustainable tailings and waste management solutions.
Golder is experienced in a wide variety of commodities such as gold and precious metals, uranium, base metals, coal, oil sands, oil shales, and clays. From plant throughputs of 250 tonnes per day on up to 250,000 tonnes per day, Golder professionals understand the lifecycle of mines. We are equipped to assist you with the design of a new system or help with the operation, decommissioning, reclamation or closure of an existing facility.
Golder's services encompass all phases of tailings and waste management. Highlights of these phases and services include:
- Background studies (environmental, social and community, archaeology and traditional knowledge, seismic risk, climate, hydrology, hydrogeology)
- Environmental and social impact assessments
- Independent and peer review
- Support for permit applications
Tailings Dewatering and Transport Design
- Design and specification of tailings thickeners and filtration systems
- Pumping and piping design
- Tailings transport system advancements and design
- Cycloned tailings sand dam and distribution system design
Tailings Storage Facility Design
- Tailings geotechnical, geochemical and rheological testwork and characterisation
- Site selection and characterisation
- Tailings storage facility and waste dump design
- Geosynthetics, liner and cover design
- Decommissioning, reclamation and closure plans
- Water balances and water management plans
- Geochemical and water quality assessments
- Active and passive water treatment design
- Hydraulic structure design
- Tender and construction contract documentation
- Construction management, quality control, quality assurance
System Operation and Monitoring
- Inspections and compliance reviews
- Operation, maintenance and surveillance manuals
Global Network, Local Solutions.
Golder's mine waste management team works closely with our other in-house specialists located throughout Golder's global network. Established technical communities with shared databases and online collaboration systems provide each team member with access to the latest technology and global best practices to benefit your project.
Other key service areas within Golder that collaborate with mine waste management services include:
Explore more of Golder's services and capabilities in your area and around the globe.