Private and public land owners, developers and financiers from across the globe rely on Golder to help them achieve sustainable solutions for their land development needs.
From mixed-use and high-rise developments to land reclamation and historic preservation, we understand the physical, environmental, social and legislative challenges inherent to land development. Likewise, we provide the geotechnical, environmental, public engagement and permitting services needed for approval and construction.
Types of Land Development
Clients come to us with a wide variety of needs involving commercial, industrial, residential and governmental land development projects such as:
- Amenities: Schools, hospitals, gardens, parks and public spaces
- Commercial: Mid-rise and high-rise office buildings and retail
- Industrial: Greenfield sites and redevelopment of existing sites
- Leisure: Stadiums, arenas, resorts, casinos and ski areas
- Residential: Apartments, condominiums, mixed-use residential and single-family homes
- Governmental: Land reclamation, brownfield redevelopment, and waste-to-energy facilities
Scope of Services
Golder offers a fully integrated, multidisciplinary approach to the sustainable development of urban environments and infrastructure. We provide a range of design, engineering and environmental services needed to reach your development goals.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help with your land development:
- Transactional: Our risk analysts and planners use property assessments and compliance results to help manage risk exposure in real estate acquisitions.
- New Development: Engineering and environmental staff provides quality geotechnical design (foundations, shoring, retaining walls), environmental analysis, geologic hazard assessments, hazardous material surveys, site remediation, ecological studies and construction management.
- Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design: Our designers work collaboratively with a wide range of professionals to bring ideas to reality.
- Redevelopment and Brownfields: Technical specialists employ a broad range of capabilities to support the reuse of buildings and properties—including demolition management and contamination remediation—to help balance environmental management, regulatory obligations, development needs, and community and investor interests.
- Seismic and Geologic Hazards: We identify solutions to potential geologic hazards such as earthquakes, landslides, sinkholes or sea-level rise, all which can impact existing or planned projects.
- Environmental Mitigation: Our environmental, health and safety professionals deliver solutions for mold, asbestos, wetlands and other environmental mitigation issues.
- Sustainable Solution Modelling and Decision Making: We provide special systems and software, such as GoldSET©, to thoroughly and cost-effectively embed sustainable development principles into project planning and design.
- Public Engagement and Regulatory Support: Our community relations and regulatory professionals develop and implement public involvement strategies and communications as appropriate for sustainable land development.
Urban Development & Infrastructure Industry Expertise
Please see these additional primary services offered by Golder for sustainable urban environment and infrastructure development worldwide.
Global Network, Local Solutions.
With Golder, you have access to a global network of over 8,000 professionals located in 180 offices on six continents. Team collaboration through shared electronic work spaces, central databases and mobile workforces facilitates continuous technology and knowledge transfer.
Golder's client-focused approach assures that you have an integrated, multidisciplinary team dedicated to meeting your objectives on schedule and within budget.
Explore more about our services and other capabilities in your area and around the globe.