- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Aquatic Effects Assessment Services
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Human Health & Toxicology Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Permitting Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
- Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
- Surface Water & Hydrology Services
- Sustainablity Services
Produced Water Treatment
Trinidad and Tobago
|Industries||Oil & Gas|
|Services||Industrial Process, Wastewater Treatment/Process Engineering, Contracting /Construction Services|
Golder teamed with general contractor T.N. Ramnauth & Company Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago to design, build, own, and operate a produced water treatment plant, the first major oil and gas treatment facility for this Caribbean nation. Treated water will be provided to the oil company in Trinidad and Tobago for beneficial industrial re-use to produce steam used for reinjection to enhance oil recovery. With this approach, freshwater consumption can be decreased by over 500,000 gallons (1.9 million litres) per day.
Golder completed detailed characterization of four sources of influent water. Contaminants of concern were identified, including oil and grease and soluable organic compounds. Bench testing of dissolved air flotation and biological treatment was performed to develop design parameters.
Unit operations include:
- Oil/water separation with CPI separators
- Dissolved air flotation
- Biological treatment utilizing Golder Immobilized Cell Bioreactor (ICB) technology*
- Reverse osmosis
- Land farming of sludges and float
Reverse osmosis after biological treatment produces the high-quality effluent for reuse in the plant's boiler systems. The byproduct stream from the reverse osmosis system is discharged to the ocean in compliance with all applicable regulations for permitted near-shore outfall.
Golder produced detailed construction documents for all facilities and provided support for bidding and selection of major equipment suppliers. During construction Golder was responsible for periodic site inspections and resolving design questions. Wewerealso responsible for all control system integration activities including panael design/fabrication and computer systems programming. Complete commissioning services were provided and T.N. Ramnauth & Company Ltd. is operating the facility for 10 years, with Golder providing operations audits.
* Golder is the exclusive licensee in the US and Canada for ICB technology, which has also been demonstrated to be effective in other unique applications such as selenium reduction in mine waters and treatment of wastewater from chemical weapons destruction.
Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
CONSTRUCTION Our broad expertise in Industrial Process Facilities includes water treatment, wastewater treatment and mine tailings...
Water & Wastewater Treatment Services
Golder’s Water & Wastewater Treatment Group is a multifaceted environmental engineering and design group dedicated to delivering...