- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Environmental Remediation
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Industrial Process
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
- Surface Water/Sediments
- Sustainable Development
- Tailings Management
Produced Water Treatment
Trinidad and Tobago
|Industries||Oil & Gas|
|Services||Industrial Process, Wastewater Treatment/Process Engineering, Contracting /Construction Services|
Golder teamed with general contractor T.N. Ramnauth & Company Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago to design, build, own, and operate a produced water treatment plant, the first major oil and gas treatment facility for this Caribbean nation. Treated water will be provided to the oil company in Trinidad and Tobago for beneficial industrial re-use to produce steam used for reinjection to enhance oil recovery. With this approach, freshwater consumption can be decreased by over 500,000 gallons (1.9 million litres) per day.
Golder completed detailed characterization of four sources of influent water. Contaminants of concern were identified, including oil and grease and soluable organic compounds. Bench testing of dissolved air flotation and biological treatment was performed to develop design parameters.
Unit operations include:
- Oil/water separation with CPI separators
- Dissolved air flotation
- Biological treatment utilizing Golder Immobilized Cell Bioreactor (ICB) technology*
- Reverse osmosis
- Land farming of sludges and float
Reverse osmosis after biological treatment produces the high-quality effluent for reuse in the plant's boiler systems. The byproduct stream from the reverse osmosis system is discharged to the ocean in compliance with all applicable regulations for permitted near-shore outfall.
Golder produced detailed construction documents for all facilities and provided support for bidding and selection of major equipment suppliers. During construction Golder was responsible for periodic site inspections and resolving design questions. Wewerealso responsible for all control system integration activities including panael design/fabrication and computer systems programming. Complete commissioning services were provided and T.N. Ramnauth & Company Ltd. is operating the facility for 10 years, with Golder providing operations audits.
* Golder is the exclusive licensee in the US and Canada for ICB technology, which has also been demonstrated to be effective in other unique applications such as selenium reduction in mine waters and treatment of wastewater from chemical weapons destruction.
Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
CONSTRUCTION Our broad expertise in Industrial Process Facilities includes water treatment, wastewater treatment and mine tailings...
Wastewater Treatment/Process Engineering
Our Water Treatment Group has a wealth of experience in all aspects of complex wastewater treatment solutions in a variety of industries,...