- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Engineering Services
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Management & Compliance Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
- Permitting Services
- Pipeline Systems Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
Fuel Systems Limited
South Island, New Zealand
|Client||Fuel Systems Limited|
|Industries||Oil and Gas|
|Services||Environmental validation for the removal of underground storage tanks.|
On industrial sites throughout New Zealand Fuel Systems Limited, a company responsible for underground storage tank (UST) replacement and removals, requires assistance in assessing the quality of remnant soils and the potential for adverse effects to human health and the environment from residual petroleum-related contaminants, if present.
Golder Associates` role is to observe any visual staining of the soils within the excavation and collection of soil samples for headspace analysis of volatile organic compounds using a photoionisation detector (PID).
If necessary, direct excavation of any potentially contaminated soil based on the results of headspace analysis, and assist in arrangements for disposal at an appropriate disposal facility.
Collect validation laboratory samples once any suspected contaminated soil has been removed.
Collect all necessary information regarding site conditions to complete and submit MfE’s Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Removal Report Form.
Review relevant groundwater data.
Prepare a report outlining the tank removal and inspection methods, process, laboratory results, observations and a qualitative environmental risk assessment according to the Guidelines for Assessing and Managing Petroleum Hydrocarbon Contaminated Sites in New Zealand (Petroleum Guidelines).
Recommend further works, site management or remediation, if required.Outcomes
On each project commissioned to date, Golder Associates has successfully validated the UST removal in accordance with regulatory authority requirements. Some locations required off-site disposal of soil and liquid wastes based upon site observations and field screening completed by Golder Associates. However, subsequently, validation sampling in combination with risk assessment demonstrated a successful UST decommission at each site based on the requirements of the respective territorial and regional authorities.
Environmental & Social Assessment Services
As part of the Golder global engineering and environmental team, our Environmental & Social Assessment Group helps our clients build...
Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) has become a critical tool to identify project risks that can lead to costly...
With over more than 40 years of delivering ground engineering and water management services, Golder has assembled one of the largest, most...
Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
Golder provides global services for Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment and Risk Management. Our services address contaminated sites...
Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
Golder supports clients in achieving both sound technical solutions and sustainable business operations through multidisciplinary services...