- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Biological Sciences
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
Port Botany Expansion
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Client||Sydney Ports, Baulderstone Hornibrook Jan De Nul JV|
|Industries||Land Development; Transportation|
|Services||Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing/Engineering, Contracting /Construction Services, Groundwater/Hydrogeology|
Golder Associates provided geotechnical services for the Port Botany Container Terminal Expansion (PBE) project on behalf of Sydney Ports Corporation. A key component of Golder's involvement with the project was infrastructure design for a new container terminal, which included almost two km of extra berth length and 60 hectares of reclamation. Golder's geotechnical services were also utilised to dredge approximately seven million cubic metres of marine soils, to construct blockwork and counterfort retaining walls of up to 21.5 m high and upgrade works that included extensive revetment edge structures, bridges and pavements.
The Golder design team developed solutions to complex stability and serviceability challenges. Work included:
- detailed geotechnical design for large structures;
- retaining structures, including detailed seismic design, ground improvement design, movement predictions and assessment of effects on existing infrastructure; management of geotechnical risk, including quantitative risk assessment to help the client make informed decisions;
- integrated design services as part of a multidisciplinary team; specialist design skills from the Golder global network;
- ongoing and responsive geotechnical advice during construction - monitoring and behavioural advice relating to structural movements and forces during construction. (Photo courtesy of Sydney Ports Corporation).
Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
Golder provides a wide range of services during construction and operates several materials testing laboratories under current industry...
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
Providing solutions to our clients’ ground engineering challenges around the world for 50 years – our team brings a wealth of...
Golder has one of the largest groups of water resources and contaminant hydrogeologists in the world; we have been solving the most...