- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Aquatic Effects Assessment Services
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Human Health & Toxicology Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Permitting Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
- Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
- Surface Water & Hydrology Services
- Sustainablity Services
Ban Houayxai Feasibility Study - Geophysical Survey
Ban Houayxai, Laos
|Client||Phu Bia Mining/PanAust Limited|
|Services||Electrical Resistivity Imaging Survey|
Golder Associates New Zealand Limited were part of the geotechnical site investigation for a proposed tailings storage facility and raw water dam associated with the Phu Bia Mining Gold-Silver Project in Laos. The site geology is primarily a strong sandstone unit that exhibits `corestone` weathering, leading to a distribution of corestone boulders present within residual soil. The role of Golder Associates was to characterise the subsurface, with a view towards identifying any significant corestones. It will be necessary to ensure that foundation loads are supported by bedrock, rather than corestones.
Golder Associates had to characterise the subsurface with a view towards identifying any significant corestones. A range of Electrical Resistivity (ERI) arrays and acquisition setups were tested in order to determine the most effective and efficient approach to surveying at the site. Data collected in the field underwent preliminary processing each evening for QA/QC. This allowed for guidance of the following day`s activities.
ERI surveying was found to be effective at targeting a range of subsurface features, including clear structure, resistive laterite soils and buried corestones. Similar ERI results were observed across the survey site, implying consistent ground conditions. The results also displayed a high level of repeatability, implying that the data collected was of good quality and representative of ground conditions.
Golder geophysicists have conducted geophysics surveys on five continents and in over 100 countries, providing surface, borehole and...
Ground Engineering Services
From initial investigations through to design, construction, operation and closure, Golder provides integrated geotechnical services to...
With over more than 40 years of delivering ground engineering and water management services, Golder has assembled one of the largest, most...
Mine Waste Management Services
On a daily basis, Golder's environmental and engineering professionals work with mines around the world to design, build, operate, and close...
Surface Water & Hydrology Services
Golder’s Surface Water & Hydrology group offers you a worldwide team of scientists, hydrologists, hydrogeologists and engineers...
Waste Management Services
For over 50 years, Golder’s strength has been in landfill design, permitting, construction monitoring, operations support,...