- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Environmental Remediation
- Geochemistry Services
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Ground Improvement
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Industrial Process
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
- Surface Water/Sediments
- Sustainable Development
- Tailings Management
Bushell Bay Risk Management Strategy and Remedial Planning
Uranium City, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Client||Public Works and Government Services Canada for Transport Canada|
|Industries||Land Development; Transportation|
|Services||Decommissioning/Demolition, Site Remediation, Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment, Contracting /Construction Services|
To develop a remedial plan for this hydrocarbon-impacted port facility located in a remote northern community. Our approach emphasized sustainable solutions and coordination with interested stakeholders. Upland remediation resulted in the processing of clean rock into gravel and contaminated material into aggregrate for chip seal to support local construction. A shoreline restoration was completed to improve fish habitat, and sediment remediation focused on risk assessment and risk management.
Our innovative use of the residuals generated from the upland remediation received Environment Canada's Federal Contaminated Sites National Workshop Sustainable Solutions Award in 2006. The sediment risk assessment led to a risk management strategy that should result in a project savings of at least 90% of the estimated costs for remediation.
From aircraft to zinc processing plants, Golder provides objective-driven solutions to Facility Closure and Demolition Management. Our...
Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
Golder provides global services for Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment (HHERA) and risk management. Our services address...
Successful remediation of a contaminated site demands that all aspects of the site – its history, geology, chemistry, future land and...