- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Biological Sciences
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
Bushell Bay Risk Management Strategy and Remedial Planning
Uranium City, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Client||Public Works and Government Services Canada for Transport Canada|
|Industries||Land Development; Transportation|
|Services||Decommissioning/Demolition, Site Remediation, Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment, Contracting /Construction Services|
To develop a remedial plan for this hydrocarbon-impacted port facility located in a remote northern community. Our approach emphasized sustainable solutions and coordination with interested stakeholders. Upland remediation resulted in the processing of clean rock into gravel and contaminated material into aggregrate for chip seal to support local construction. A shoreline restoration was completed to improve fish habitat, and sediment remediation focused on risk assessment and risk management.
Our innovative use of the residuals generated from the upland remediation received Environment Canada's Federal Contaminated Sites National Workshop Sustainable Solutions Award in 2006. The sediment risk assessment led to a risk management strategy that should result in a project savings of at least 90% of the estimated costs for remediation.
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
From aircraft to zinc processing plants, Golder provides objective-driven solutions to Facility Closure and Demolition Management. Our...
Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
Golder provides global services for Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment (HHERA) and risk management. Our services address...
Successful remediation of a contaminated site demands that all aspects of the site – its history, geology, chemistry, future land and...