- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Engineering Services
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Management & Compliance Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
- Permitting Services
- Pipeline Systems Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
Bushell Bay Risk Management Strategy and Remedial Planning
Uranium City, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Client||Public Works and Government Services Canada for Transport Canada|
|Industries||Land Development, Transportation, ;|
|Services||Decommissioning/Demolition, Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment, Site Remediation, Contracting /Construction Services|
To develop a remedial plan for this hydrocarbon-impacted port facility located in a remote northern community. Our approach emphasized sustainable solutions and coordination with interested stakeholders. Upland remediation resulted in the processing of clean rock into gravel and contaminated material into aggregrate for chip seal to support local construction. A shoreline restoration was completed to improve fish habitat, and sediment remediation focused on risk assessment and risk management.
Our innovative use of the residuals generated from the upland remediation received Environment Canada's Federal Contaminated Sites National Workshop Sustainable Solutions Award in 2006. The sediment risk assessment led to a risk management strategy that should result in a project savings of at least 90% of the estimated costs for remediation.
Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
Golder's 50-year history in subsurface investigation programs and environmental engineering equips our Contaminant Site Investigation &...
Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
Golder's construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Our global...
Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
Golder's Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Group is among the most experienced in the industry, providing an extensive range of human...
Successful remediation of a contaminated site demands that all aspects of the site – its history, geology, chemistry, future land and...
Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
Golder supports clients in achieving both sound technical solutions and sustainable business operations through multidisciplinary services...