- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Aquatic Effects Assessment Services
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Human Health & Toxicology Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Permitting Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
- Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
- Surface Water & Hydrology Services
- Sustainablity Services
Wind as Sustainable Resource Gaining Momentum
New Zealand, Australasia
|Services||Air/Acoustics/Noise, Energy and Renewables, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment|
Mahinerangi Wind Farm in Otago, South Island, required a resource consent to enable construction of up to 100 wind turbines within a proposed site envelope. The maximum generating capacity will be 200 megawatts.
Golder provided TrustPower Ltd. with planning, air quality and ecological services for the entire project, including preparation of the Assessments of Environmental Effects (AEE), which brought together a large range of information from a variety of different disciplines and sources. The planning component also involved the preparation of a Construction Management Plan (CMP), and dust management was the focus of the air quality work.
The ecological assessment of effects drew on the wide range of ecological expertise held by Golder in New Zealand. The ecological surveys included bird surveys, especially for the New Zealand Eastern Bush Falcon, a nationally threatened bird that has been recorded in the vicinity of the wind farm site, as well as extensive vegetation, lizard and invertebrate surveys. These surveys provided information needed for a full assessment of the effects of the construction and operation of the wind farm.
Golder staff developed an ecological constraints map of the proposed wind farm area and recommended the avoidance of significant ecological features. This meant that the potential effects of the turbine sitings were significantly reduced. We also helped present information to local communities and provided expert testimony at the Environment Court that ultimately approved the project for our client.
Golder delivers cost-effective atmospheric management services around the world, drawing upon its global expertise in chemical, mechanical,...
Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
With over 50 years' experience in engineering and environmental consulting to major industries around the world, Golder offers you a...
Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) has become a critical tool to identify project risks that can lead to costly...
Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
Golder provides global services for Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment and Risk Management. Our services address contaminated sites...