- Access to Resources
- Construction Materials
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Engineering Services
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Management & Compliance Services
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Industrial Process
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
- Permitting Services
- Pipeline Systems Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Public Health Assessment Services
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Site Remediation
- Social Management & Compliance Services
Transparency in Environmental Liability Estimation
London, UK, Europe
|Services||Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, M&A and Due Diligence Consulting, ;|
An international company based in London, UK needed to dispose of some of its non-core assets to raise cash to pay down debt. Environmental due diligence of the target business was required, which included estimating environmental liabilities according to internationally accepted accounting standards.
Golder used existing site subsurface data, as well as our past experience with site remediation to develop three realistic scenarios for determining how much subsurface assessment and/or remediation work might be required at each site. We then used our knowledge of site-specific factors to apply a probability-weighting to each of the three scenarios to derive the Expected Value (also known as Expected Cash-Flow) for each identified subsurface issue.
With Golder's environmental liabilities measurement methodology clearly stated, any new information about a site can be easily incorporated into the existing liability model, further increasing the longer-term use of the initial environmental liability measurement.
Environmental & Social Assessment Services
As part of the Golder global engineering and environmental team, our Environmental & Social Assessment Group helps our clients build...
Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) has become a critical tool to identify project risks that can lead to costly...
Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
In five decades of environmental engineering and consulting for major industries around the world, Golder has assembled an unparalleled team...
Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
Golder supports clients in achieving both sound technical solutions and sustainable business operations through multidisciplinary services...