- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Legal (FIRL)
- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Biological Sciences
- Civil & Landfill
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Environmental Remediation
- Geochemistry Services
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Ground Improvement
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Industrial Process
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
- Surface Water/Sediments
- Sustainable Development
- Tailings Management
Transparency in Environmental Liability Estimation
London, UK, Europe
|Services||Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, M&A and Due Diligence Consulting, ;|
An international company based in London, UK needed to dispose of some of its non-core assets to raise cash to pay down debt. Environmental due diligence of the target business was required, which included estimating environmental liabilities according to internationally accepted accounting standards.
Golder used existing site subsurface data, as well as our past experience with site remediation to develop three realistic scenarios for determining how much subsurface assessment and/or remediation work might be required at each site. We then used our knowledge of site-specific factors to apply a probability-weighting to each of the three scenarios to derive the Expected Value (also known as Expected Cash-Flow) for each identified subsurface issue.
With Golder's environmental liabilities measurement methodology clearly stated, any new information about a site can be easily incorporated into the existing liability model, further increasing the longer-term use of the initial environmental liability measurement.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Golder provides Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) services worldwide for private and public sector projects in many client...
M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
Our Mergers and Acquisitions services provide business with science and engineering that matters and makes deals happen with confidence....