- Land Development
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate and Development
- Biological Sciences
- Construction Materials Testing/Engineering
- Cultural Sciences
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Engineering and Operational Risk Assessment
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Information Management
- M&A & Due Diligence Consulting
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Pipeline Services
- Planning/Design/Landscape Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Rock Slope Engineering
Remediating the Shoreham Facility
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
|Client||SOO Line Railroad Company D/B/A Canadian Pacific|
|Services||Site Remediation, Project/Program Management, Groundwater/Hydrogeology|
The Canadian Pacific (CP) Shoreham facility contained soils and groundwater that had become contaminated as a result of past operations. The groundwater had been contaminated with pentachlorophenol (PCP) and polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and the soils contained solvent-related volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and/or petroleum-related contamination.
Golder provided various consulting and engineering services including site investigation, permitting, design of remediation systems, coordination and contracting of subcontractors, and ongoing operation and maintenance service. We designed cleanup remedies that included installing pump-and-treat systems, a soil vapor extraction system, a soil biopile treatment system, and a non-aqueous extraction technique system. The corrective actions were implemented on aggressive schedules and provided impressive results.
Golder has one of the largest groups of water resources and contaminant hydrogeologists in the world; we have been solving the most...
For almost fifty years Golder has been managing projects around the world. Initially our project management was largely related to...
Successful remediation of a contaminated site demands that all aspects of the site – its history, geology, chemistry, future land and...