- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate & Development
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Urban Development & Infrastructure
- Atmospheric Services
- Biological Sciences
- Coastal & Marine Services
- Construction Materials Engineering, Testing & Instrumentation Services
- Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
- Cultural Heritage Services
- Dams & Hydropower Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Engineering Services
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Management & Compliance Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Health & Safety Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment
- Human Health & Toxicology Services
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
- Permitting Services
- Pipeline Systems Services
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Risk Assessment & Decision Analysis Services
- Rock Slope Engineering
- Site Remediation
- Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
- Surface Water & Hydrology Services
- Sustainability Services
- Toxicology Services
- Tunnelling Services
Remediating the Shoreham Facility
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
|Client||SOO Line Railroad Company D/B/A Canadian Pacific|
|Services||Groundwater, Project/Program Management, Site Remediation, /Hydrogeology|
The Canadian Pacific (CP) Shoreham facility contained soils and groundwater that had become contaminated as a result of past operations. The groundwater had been contaminated with pentachlorophenol (PCP) and polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and the soils contained solvent-related volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and/or petroleum-related contamination.
Golder provided various consulting and engineering services including site investigation, permitting, design of remediation systems, coordination and contracting of subcontractors, and ongoing operation and maintenance service. We designed cleanup remedies that included installing pump-and-treat systems, a soil vapor extraction system, a soil biopile treatment system, and a non-aqueous extraction technique system. The corrective actions were implemented on aggressive schedules and provided impressive results.
Contaminant Site Investigation & Clean Up Services
Golder's 50-year history in subsurface investigation programs and environmental engineering equips our contaminant site investigation &...
Environmental Management & Compliance Services
Developing sustainable solutions requires immense expertise in environmental science, human health, safety, public participation, and...
Over more than 40 years of delivering ground engineering and water management services, Golder has assembled one of the largest, and most...
Project Management Services
Golder provides enhanced client satisfaction through excellence in project management combined with the technical quality that Golder is...
Successful remediation of a contaminated site demands that all aspects of the site – its history, geology, chemistry, future land and...
Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
Golder supports clients in achieving sound technical solutions and sustainable business operations through multidisciplinary services that...
Golder’s Water Services Group provides you with a specialized science and environmental engineering team dedicated to delivering...