Transportation & Infrastructure
Golder has developed and delivered successful projects worldwide, for private transportation companies, governments at national, regional and local levels, transportation agencies, and consulting and design firms.
We help our transportation clients identify, mitigate and manage risk, including ground engineering risk, environmental and financial risk, with services such as environmental impact assessments, tunnelling and rock engineering, geotechnical and environmental monitoring, and construction inspection and testing. Our goal is to improve project cost-effectiveness, reduce operating costs, optimize sustainability, and enhance human health, social, and environmental compatibility.
Types of Transportation & Infrastructure
- Roads, Highways and Bridges
- Freight and Passenger Rail
- Airports and Mass Transit Systems
- Marine Transport and Ports
Common Transportation & Infrastructure Challenges
- Soft soils, expansive and collapsible soils, tunnelling in soft clay
- Deep excavations
- Groundwater, contaminated sites and environmental permitting
- Landslides and seismic risks
- Public and/or regulatory concerns
Complete Consulting, Engineering & Construction Services
Feasibility & Design
- Site and route selections
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Risk evaluations
- Budget and project schedule preparation
- Stakeholder engagement strategy and implementation
Engineering & Construction
- Ground engineering
- Geotechnical and rock engineering
- Contaminant site investigation and clean up
- Construction materials testing
- Air, noise and vibration monitoring
Urban Development & Infrastructure Expertise
Please see these additional primary services offered by Golder for sustainable urban environment and infrastructure development worldwide:
Global Network, Local Solutions.
With Golder, you have access to a global network of over 8,000 professionals located in 180 offices on six continents. Team collaboration through shared electronic work spaces, central databases and mobile workforces facilitates continuous technology and knowledge transfer.
Golder's client-focused approach assures that you have an integrated, multidisciplinary team dedicated to meeting your objectives on schedule and within budget.
Explore more about our services and other capabilities in your area and around the globe.