Canada’s Impact Assessment Act – A Year in Review
This webinar qualifies for 1 PD-HSW credit.
Canada’s new Federal Impact Assessment Act (IAA) turned one in August. Since its implementation, Golder’s impact assessment practitioners have complied information and lessons learned from their experience on projects. We want to share what we have learned this past year.
Join us for a Year in Review discussion, where Golder’s Wayne Speller, Senior Regulatory and Impact Assessment Specialist, Roxanne Scott, Socio-economic Specialist, and Sean Capstick, Climate Change Specialist will share their learnings under the IAA from Federal guidance, on-going projects, as well as from regional and strategic assessments.
During this webinar you will learn:
- What project proponents have experienced under the new IAA so far
- How the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada has responded to stakeholder requests to designate projects not on the Project List
- What we have discovered about timelines and whether current projects are proceeding in a timely manner
- Updates on regional assessments and strategic assessments, including the Strategic Assessment on Climate Change
- The status of Federal guidance on IA process, including Gender-based Analysis+ (GBA+)