EXCESS SOIL REBOOT – More Dirt on Excess Soil: Navigating Ontario’s Finalized Regulation 406/19 – On Demand
The Construction and Environmental sectors have faced uncertainty about regulations on the management of Excess Soil and the redevelopment of brownfield sites. Some of the uncertainty has been lifted with the finalized On-Site and Excess Soil Management Regulation issued in December 2019 and amended in June and December 2020. The regulation and supplemental documents are intended to balance the need to protect the public from risks posed by contaminants in soil and groundwater, while making it easier to beneficially reuse soil and put brownfields to good use. Join us for a complimentary webinar where we will discuss what the changes mean for your business.
During this webinar, Denise Lacchin, Senior Environmental Engineer, QPESA, will discuss how the following changes resulting from this regulation may impact your project.
- Understanding the new regulation and terminology.
- Excess Soil planning and characterization.
- Requirements for Excess Soil management, monitoring and tracking.
- Requirements for beneficial reuse at receiving Reuse Site and/or Temporary Storage Sites.
- Practical implications, Frequently Asked Questions and more!
Who should attend:
Environmental & Engineering Managers, Municipal Staff, Planners, Waste Disposal Site Managers, Developers, Constructors, Legal/Contract Support Staff.