Occupational Health and Safety for the Asbestos Exposed Worker – Calgary Workshop
The Occupational Health and Safety for the Asbestos Exposed Worker (Asbestos Certification) course is government-approved training required for all workers conducting high risk asbestos removal in Alberta as outlined by Alberta Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety.
This two-day course is divided into eight components, in alignment with the Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual:
- Asbestos and asbestos-containing materials
- Health effects associated with exposure
- Introduction to asbestos abatement methods
- Asbestos abatement procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Air monitoring and analysis
- Other health and safety hazards
In addition to lectures and written exercises, there are hands-on activities designed to familiarize students with the practical aspects of asbestos removal. These include respirator inspections and glove-bag removal exercises.
This course meets the worker training requirements outlined in Chapter 3 of the Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual and is recommended for workers who may enter a “restricted” area (“an area of the work site where there is a reasonable chance that the airborne concentration of asbestos exceeds the OEL”).
The cost is $375.00 per person, plus GST. Lunch is not included.
Payment is required prior to course commencement and can be made via VISA or Master Card.
Upcoming courses are scheduled as follows:
- 22-23, 2018: Asbestos Certification in Calgary
- 25-26, 2018: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
- 19-20, 2018: Asbestos Certification in Calgary
- 29-30, 2018: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
- 13-14, 2018: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
Courses are conducted at the following locations:
Golder offers a variety of training courses related to hazardous building materials and occupational hygiene. Please contact Kara Snelling at KSnelling@golder.com or 403-477-1642 for more information on availability and pricing.