Occupational Health and Safety for the Asbestos Exposed Worker – Calgary Workshop
This government-approved training is required for all workers conducting high-risk asbestos removal in Alberta as outlined by Alberta Ministry of Labour and Immigration, Occupational Health and Safety. It is a two-day course divided into eight components and aligned with the Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual:
- Asbestos and asbestos-containing materials
- Health effects associated with exposure
- Introduction to asbestos abatement methods
- Asbestos abatement procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Air monitoring and analysis
- Other health and safety hazards
In addition to lectures and written exercises, there are hands-on activities designed to familiarize the students with the practical aspects of asbestos removal. These include respirator inspections and glove-bag removal exercises.
This course meets the worker training requirements outlined in Chapter 3 of the Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual and is for workers who may enter a “restricted” area (“an area of the work site where there is a reasonable chance that the airborne concentration of asbestos exceeds the OEL”).
The cost is $475.00 per person, plus GST. Lunch is not included.
Payment is required prior to course commencement and can be made via VISA or Master Card.
Upcoming courses are scheduled as follows:
- 24-25, 2020: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
- 19-20, 2020: Asbestos Certification in Calgary
- 29-30, 2020: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
- 23-24, 2020: Asbestos Certification in Calgary
- 26-27, 2020: Asbestos Certification in Edmonton
Course location will be confirmed upon registration.
Golder offers a variety of training courses related to hazardous building materials and occupational hygiene. Please contact Tryphena Hachey at Tryphena_Hachey@golder.com or +1 403-532-5733 for more information on availability and pricing.