The Waupisoo Pipeline project consists of a 400 km long crude oil pipeline and pump stations from Cheecham to Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Enbridge Pipeline (Athabasca) Inc. received approval from the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board in 2007.
Environmental Planning, Permitting, Construction, and Post-Construction Monitoring
Golder Associates provided environmental planning and permitting support through studies of environmental and social conditions, including soil and terrain, vegetation, wildlife, forestry, hydrology, fisheries, noise and air, archaeology, palaeontology, Traditional Land Use, and Traditional Knowledge studies. In addition, Golder worked with Enbridge to design and deliver construction and post-construction environmental monitoring to meet regulatory permit conditions and corporate policy.
Golder’s Scope of Work
- Preparation of conservation and reclamation reports
- Support of regulatory, public, and First Nations consultation
- Completion of Traditional Land Use and Traditional Environmental Knowledge studies
- Mitigation advice and monitoring support during construction for fisheries and wildlife
- Planning and execution of multi-year wildlife monitoring and revegetation program
- Post-construction monitoring of right-of-way reclamation